Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An Inspiring Experience


     Attending the Motor City Comic Con was a very inspiring experience! I've been an independent publisher for nearly 25 years. My main project was a regional historical magazine called The Trumpeteer. Since my company has made the plunge into the trading card business, I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting many independent publishers, artists, writers, and just generally good, hard-working people, who bring a great deal of beauty to the world. Our first set of trading cards "Tattoo Art Trading Cards," has given me reason to attend Tattoo Conventions, Non-Sports Card Shows, and Comic Cons. I have met very few artists who do not understand the importance of working together to help promote one another. I notice no animosity between artists; although, I'm sure there are cases.
      Recently I met three independent comic book publishers/artists/photographers/musicians...you get the picture. These guys epitomize what the Indies are all about. They all have day jobs, and yet they find the time to publish comic books, books, CD's, perform, attend shows, etc. They are the rock-stars of the Indie publishing business in my book. These guys are talented beyond belief. Their comic book is called "American Bloodlust." They have published three issues, and they are extremely well-done. They publish under the name of "Decayed Minds Comics." You'll find them at www.decayedminds.com, and on Facebook at decayedminds@facebook.com.
     I would like to personally thank Rob Kay, Chad Kovack, and Brian Shopp, first of all for a great time at Motor City Comic Con, and most of all for inspiring this tired old Indie publisher. You guys ROCK! Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment